Thursday, November 8, 2012

The 3rd Annual Tres Amigas happening......


.....was mainly about the golf.   Shelly and Carol once again traveled across the country for a week of good golf, good wine and good times.    I managed to make my way around the courses, sometimes playing a hole or two, other times just enjoying the view from the cart, depending on the crankiness of the knee.     We look forward to 'same time next year'.

Speaking of the knee , and I really am tired of this whole orthopedic thing...... I was put on tapering doses of prednisone....starting out with 6, then 5, etc.   Well, my system got a good jolt of something and I couldn't sleep nor act lazy nor keep quiet......I read the little insert and it said something about a side effect of psychic derangement !!    That certainly caught my attention and I placed a quick call to my personal OBGYN for guidance in hopes of avoiding this pending condition..... she recommended some changes to the dose   but even then, I was wired for several days.   But , the knee responded somewhat and I'm ready for PT to begin.    I probably shouldn't have tried to swing a club..... a good way to develop bad habits while trying to protect the knee....but it was fun to get out again after so many months.

It's time to catch up on some down time before we head north in 10 days.    I feel as tho we've been on a speeding treadmill since the Balloon Fiesta.... it's all been positive but I'm ready to put my feet up and get lost in a good book / movie / box of chocolates.......well, maybe not the chocolates since I'm still making those food choices that cause some quizzical looks.  




1 comment:

  1. Now THAT looks like my idea of girl-fun! Sorry your knee prevented you from playing. That's gotta be so frustrating. But next year, look out! You'll wax their tails!

    I have had the same thing happen with the Prednisone. I won't take it again. I got all paranoid and it was really scary. Fortunately I haven't needed to take it in 30 years.

    ReplyDelete