Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ditto.........

More of the same on Wednesday......the day dawned sunny and perfect for a walk in the woods.     Transylvania County is known as the "Land of Waterfalls"  and we found another in Dupont St Forest.    
 This is High Falls....  at the top is the covered bridge, which we walked to but it is new with little character but  is a nice touch.    This picture thru the trees is not so good as I couldn't get a clear view from this spot.   And then there's the shoes.....I left my hiking boots at home as we aren't into serious death-defying jaunts so my walking shoes are fine......and I forget that they are 'glow-in-the-dark' bright so was initially surprised when I got so many comments....especially from teens and kids.  
We had thunder and raindrops again so no sunlight for the pics....a rather gloomy walk with only my neon shoes to light the way.

On the way home, we stopped at REI...don't ya just love that place with it's high priced stuff for camping, hiking, kayaking and climbing ?....And the useful and proper clothes for doing the above.   I found a perfect rain jacket for $249 but instead bought these practical hiking poles.  
Years ago when we lived in Colorado and did some serious hiking/skiing, I had a Member's card from REI and they gave you back a percentage of your purchases each year.    Fast forward to yesterday when the young athletic clerk asked me if I had said card......I said that I used to and she started searching around in her computer and it came up with my name and my Florida address !!    All I gave her was my name and the Co. town we lived in......there's way too much info about me out there.....fortunately, it's all pretty boring.

2 comments:

  1. This is my third attempt to leave a message. I love the scenery on both days. It reminds me of the Pacific North West.
    I like the new changes in Blogger. I think it makes it much easier for the most part, except for trying to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neato shoes :-)) I can see why it caught the attention of others. Falls that flow over rocks have more character I think than the free-falling, horsetail ones.

    ReplyDelete