Thursday, March 15, 2012

Grandkids are the flowers of life...........

.............yep, I thought that one up.....sorry for the bad metaphor but I just love all of our Grand-Millers. And today is a very special young man's 9th Birthday. He is witty and very smart and tall and loves steak and his cats and his brother.....and Star Wars.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW PAUL.....


( I took a picture of his class picture, thus the glare on the photo....I haven't opened the box on Photoshop yet nor figured out how to scan ....)


And then there's the story of Alex. !! Our jock, , our golfer, our handsome hunk of a 17 year old....... just the nicest , sweetest, funniest kid ever.... and more broken bones over the years than anyone should experience.
Here he is at 6 with a perfect swing......he is a natural at golf and also an excellent lacrosse player. Unfortunately, his latest injury during that violent sport has put him on the sidelines once again. And since it's a broken right hand, it also eliminates golf for awhile. He started at an early age with both arms broken in rapid succession (fell off of top bunk and then injured on a trampoline)....the fractures continued including the bilateral stress fractures in both tibia a year or so ago from lacrosse.... and another broken arm from lacrosse within the last year or two..... there were injuries from snow boarding and football also. I can't remember them all but suffice to say, he is familiar with the ER. I'm hoping that this talent for all sports will now focus on golf where the injuries are not life-threatening.

Yesterday, on a beautiful perfect day, I had lunch with 4 Connecticut visitors.....and I took NOT ONE picture....not of them, nor the food, nor the conversation. It was so great to welcome Claire, Mickie, Sheila and especially, my friend Norma from Ct. They are spending a month in Sarasota and touring the state visiting friends. I fixed a delicious (if I do say so) asian inspired bok choy chicken salad ( special thanks to Rian) with egg rolls, fruit and the best Key Lime pie ever from Publix.....(they even have a commercial showing the making of it). It was a delightful day and I'm so happy we were able to meet up.

Later, my favorite Miller and I filled our RED SOLO CUPS and headed to the Square to take in the music and the evening. The sky was stunning and I thought I'd share it with you since you didn't come along on our ride. (iPhone camera)

1 comment:

  1. You sure that's not a picture of Paul when he was 9?

    That's a gorgeous sky pic! Yow~!

    ReplyDelete