Saturday, March 10, 2012

Exercising the brain....

To all of the accomplished photographers out there........ don't cringe....I'm learning.
Since I bought the new camera several months ago, I have been slightly intimidated by it and have floundered a bit. I have read and studied and asked questions. I just finished a very basic 5 hour class at our Lifelong Learning Center.....(they offer over 1000 classes, tours, speakers for 'personal enrichment' at a nominal cost).
Anyway, I'm getting smarter and I'm taking more pictures and I'm viewing the world a bit differently.


The above pics were all taken with different cameras. As I learn about one, I get better at the others. This picture of a mockingbird in a crepe myrtle tree looks rather grey but since the bird IS grey, beige and black, and it was a very overcast drizzly day on the golf course yesterday, I guess I captured the moment. I should have used video as he was serenading us.



I picked up a copy of Photoshop Elements but haven't opened the box yet. Not sure I want or need something that complex but iPhoto seems a bit lacking. I might try Picasa first.

PS: Thought I'd spice up the blog a bit with this new font....stay tuned, I may go NEON next. !!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue!

    I like your photos! The only way to learn is to try shooting all sorts of things. I point my camera at almost anything in nature... and end up throwing away the majority of what I shoot but that's the learning process.

    I love seeing your closeups of the flowers. They're gorgeous! And, birds... you must have so many beautiful ones.

    You asked at my blog about what cameras I use. I always own a compact point and shoot to take with me when I don't want to carry a big camera. They always break... so I don't have a favorite model. For the majority of my photos, I use a Canon Rebel. I've owned the camera body for more than a year but I recently upgraded my lenses. I have learned since doing that that the lens quality makes an *amazing* difference. I now have 2 "good" lenses, Canon "luxury" lenses (28-105, and 70-300). I could not be happier with my decisions on those lenses.

    It is funny how becoming a photographer changes how you look at the world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect and you are on your way. Nice photos. You DO see the world differently when you've got your camera in your hand.

    ReplyDelete