Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flight of Ideas

It's a psychological term and I am often afflicted with it. My mind speeds along with all sorts of thoughts, often overlapping and getting in traffic jams.....fortunately, those thoughts don't usually pour out my mouth in a jumbled form....they just spin around messing up the old brain cells.....but sometimes a few drip out into my blog. Bear with me....it can only get worse as I sneak up on elderlyness, my ability to think first will deteriorate and I will be left as an old woman babbling on and on and on..............

And so....for those of you wondering if I kept THE SHOES... I actually gave in and took them for a test walk and I literally glided along effortlessly. They are very light and flexible compared to my other ones. However, the color was poorly represented in the photo on Zappos.
This is their picture....

and this is the actual......very much darker and less pastel. I was a tad disappointed but they still make me smile and there has been no real break-in period. I did get a
blister on my toes after 5.5 miles the other day but my 3.5 miles today left no such pain. I am walking more and farther and faster. Sometimes chatting with a friend, sometimes, talking to myself or humming to the music.

One of the perks, or banes, of retirement is more free time. We talk of travel but sometimes the reality of planning gets set aside for more mundane daily tasks. We are finally getting serious and thinking of heading in this direction near the end of the month.


Yes, it is Barcelona. It seems like a cooler time of year to visit, fewer crowds and best of all, the flights have plenty of empty seats so we can take advantage of Jon's pass privileges again. We will use the UNTOUR company to arrange for accommodations and guide books and transfers to and from the airport. They also provide a local cell phone, local transportation passes, museum and art admissions and an actual person that we can call with questions or for help. We will have a small apartment and an orientation chat with Rachel to get acclimated to our geography. We understand that we could easily do much of this on our own, but the price for this is reasonable during the off season and we liked the idea of some guidance without doing an actual tour.
We are also seriously considering a longer more exotic trip in the spring. I think you should join us......we'd love the company.

And so....what about those Broncos?? They are near the top in their division and, using rather unorthodox methods to take advantage of Tebow's skills, or lack there of...they are managing to win for a change. I suspect that Thursday night against the Jets might have a more painful outcome.

3 comments:

  1. I like the actual color of the shoes much better.

    I recognized that Gaudi building right away. You will love Barcelona, but beware of pickpockets. They have the reputation for being one of the worst cities for that. One member of our tour group had his wallet lifted with passport and and credit cards.

    I've also heard good things about UNTOUR. It wouldn't work for me, but for you and Paul it sounds perfect. When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flipped when I saw the map of Barcelona--we were looking at that very same map yesterday. We'll be in Barthelona (sic) next year and we are planning a post-cruise side-trip to Italy. We were looking to see where the train station was in relation to the cruise terminal.

    And I recognized the Gaudi structure right away.

    Those shoes are KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH. Barcelona. How lovely. I am fascinated by Gaudi and his architecture. Somehow it always reminds me of drip sand castles. Maybe if I saw it in person.... Our daughter really loved Barcelona when she was there.
    I love your shoes. I think they would keep me awake at night but they are so much more interesting than white. :D

    ReplyDelete