Sunday, April 24, 2011

Which one of these.......

Is NOT like the others ??? Does that bring back a little Sesame Street memories?My screen bugs of late have had some company...........this is the errant gecko who has taken up residence on the wrong side of the screen. He seems to enjoy the neighborhood but aside from eliminating a bug or two (no proof of that however), I find him of no value and his darting about the plants is a bit startling at times. He landed on my foot one morning when I was dousing the plants with the hose.

Jan and Curt (Paul's favorite sister and brother in law) arrived from Ky by way of Kiawah Island, SC. We can't compete with that kind of beauty but did manage to find some of the natural Florida over in Homasassa Springs where the manatees live and the native flora and fauna are in abundance. The weather was perfect for a stroll among the flamingos and the alligators and Jan's favorite turtles.
I'm enjoying the new camera altho I haven't taken snaps of anything National Geographic worthy. This is the bird of paradise leaf after a rain.
My lone hibiscus is adding a bright spot on the lanai with its constant blooming.
Andy and Mason practically wore out the pool during their stay. It's so fun to see them develop their swimming skills in such a short time. And mostly on their own, with little coaching. They put on snorkles and took to them immediately. I remember my first time well and had to fight off the panic of breathing underwater.....I can't imagine trying scuba........

No, Mason is not driving the golf cart....just a time lapse shot along side the cart path with the underglow lights visible.

3 comments:

  1. We haven't been to Homasassa Springs in years. What a neat place! Love the new 'pets' you have!! It was 60+ degrees here in Michigan yesterday but back to 53 and cloudy/drizzle today...but at least we're home in our own bed! Yes, my glass is half full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I think your little gecko is cute and may be eating more bugs than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too old to remember Sesame Street, but are those real bugs???

    Yikes!

    ReplyDelete