Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season.......

I'd like to say that the blog has been put on the back burner these weeks because of all the Christmas preparations.....but ............the preparations are still in their boxes so that excuse won't work. Yes, the house looks like it did in July...no tree, no trimming, no cookies (except for those who took pity on us and gifted us tasty little treats). I found that we are not alone in not decorating this year and sometimes a break is a nice thing. The best part is that I don't have to UNDECORATE.

Our trip to the north allowed us to be a part of the December rituals and we went along on the hunt for the perfect tree. Jones Tree Farm is quite the impressive operation with over 15000 trees sold during the season. It was rainy and cold but these two didn't mind one bit. After much searching, the
perfect Blue Spruce was found.....
Part of being the dad is getting to lay on the soggy ground and try and cut the trunk with a dull saw.

It had to stay in the garage for several hours to dry out but then came in to be
adorned by the little elves. It is a perfect, beautiful tree for a beautiful family.

Meanwhile, down in the land of sun and warm, the golf game has improved and we won our Couple's match yesterday. We'll spend Christmas Day with other orphan neighbors and with Aunt Romayne. Soon, we will wing our way West to hug those growing grandbaby's in Colorado.......Is Nicholas really 21 ???? And Becca a college sophomore and Alex will drive soon and Lizzie a Tween ??? Wow, we really are old!!
But life is very good and we wish all of our thousands of readers a Wonderful Holiday, A Merry Merry Christmas and a New Year of blessings .


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time...Christmas is about family! I envy you not having to "undecorate"! We leave for Ocala on the 27th! My decorations come down after the last 'kid' leaves Christmas Day (even before they're out of the driveway!). Again, Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year as I moan and groan about how much work it is to do ALL this decorating, I think about cutting back. But I've recently realized that the reason I do it all is because I love to see it for myself as well as share it with family and friends. I don't think I could go cold turkey, as you have. Of course all the UNDECORATING is appealing. Enjoy your Christmas with your family and the next time you're up North, try to squeeze in a visit.

    ReplyDelete