Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Of golf and garages


I need to brag a bit. Mostly because I usually complain about my golf game. This week, I played an Executive course called Roosevelt. It is a pretty course, fairly difficult, rated 3 on a scale of 1-4 difficulty and is hilly. Well, by Florida standards anyhow. I played from the forward tees which did make it pretty short. I got pars on the two 4 par holes and 2 additional pars and a birdie. I lipped out 2 simpleputts or my score would have been even lower......par on this course is 29 and I managed to eke out a 33. I'm not sure that is my lowest score but on a course of this complexity, I was pleased. Now, I know that all of you were thinking I was going to say I got a hole in one or broke a course record or won a tournament or something. But actually, this small thing will have me coming back for more.

Not sure how I happened on this site but found it a good laugh. It's called www.style-your-garage.com These are attached with velcro and therefore, easy to remove and put up. I would love to have one for ours but doubt that the we could keep it for long once the deed restriction patrols got wind of it. But we'd turn a few heads......

I would have liked to see one that looked like a view of a golf course. Since we live on one, it would appear as tho you could see straight thru the garage to the course.

Still using the Kindle....I've read 2 long books and ready to download another. I think there should be more contrast in the print and like the dictionary feature. It's light and comfortable to use and fits nicely in my various collection of handbags. But if an iPad happened to drop into my lap, I'd switch without hesitation.


1 comment:

  1. Look at it this way--if it was 18 holes, you'd have 66. Breaking 70 ia a huge big deal. I think Tiger shot 3 over last week...

    Sounds like a really fun round! You'll be back.

    ReplyDelete