Saturday, May 8, 2010

Best Laid Plans


Instead of writing this blog, we should be in sunny California with my Mother and my siblings. It was to be a short trip, leaving this morning and returning tomorrow evening. But, flying standby is always a toss of the dice and today we didn't win. I am disappointed but know that if I really have to get there, we need to buy a ticket like the rest of the flying public. Note the mixed logos on the plane. Not sure how the merger will affect Jon , if at all.

.
Our neighbors and friends, John and Frieda, spent the week on the southwestern coast of Florida. They found this wonderful, "let me take over the world" bougainvillea. Remind me not to plant one of those.


Here's Alex in his new shoes for the next 8 weeks. At least the pain is gone.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you couldn't get out to see your Mom & Sis. Flights are always so full anymore. It is wierd to see that Continental logo with United. They sure didn't waste any time getting the planes painted. (It's probably a promo photo courtesy of Photoshop)

    ReplyDelete