Monday, March 22, 2010

Catching up

Ok, so I've been a bit neglectful. I have a semblance of an excuse in that I need to use two computers to do the blog. I left my camera cord in Ct (and Jon will remember to bring it next month ) and have to use Paul's Sony computer in order to slip the card from my Sony camera into it to download the pictures and then I switch over to my laptop to document the daily doings of our life. Granted, it's not rocket science but just one more annoying step to take up precious time in my busy retirement life.

Isn't this a lovely view.....the Seven Sacred Pools in Maui where our Colorado family is headed today. Alex and Lizzie were destined to arrive here this weekend for Spring Break but after the breaking of the arms and the inability to golf and be active, their mother decided that she needed a respite as well and so they are off for sun and surf and a well needed pampering at the resort.
They generously invited us to join them. We thought long and hard about the option and then decided to give them much needed family time. Michael just returned from his 2nd trip to Australia and has been gone way too much so they will all relish the down time. Gratuitous tulip picture. They are now in the stores so I gather them up.

I think Spring is finally here. The azaleas are in full bloom everywhere. Temperatures are finally in the 70's even tho they should be in the 80's but we won't quibble.

On Saturday, we headed south early to beat the crowds at the 51st Winter Park Spring Sidewalk Art show. It was better than last year I thought. And because we were practically first, we had uncluttered views of the art. There were many indications that pictures were not allowed . I understand but would have loved to share many of my favorites.


I thought these were very well done. Large canvas reproductions of vintage photos with metal sculptures attached.









Last week we had very special visitors. Becca and her friend Krystal, came for Spring Break. Weather was cool but mostly sunny. They swam, they soaked, they explored and they made two old people very happy. Becca, in the pink, is a Freshman at Colorado State University at Fort Collins....Krystal is at Northern Colorado State at Greeley. We hope they'll come back soon.



Today we are off on an adventure.......well, nothing like Hawaii, but just a short get away.....stay tuned.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful spring. Keep chasin' those birdies.

    ReplyDelete