Saturday, March 27, 2010

Amelia Island

We are back home after our few days along the western coast of Florida. It was good to get back into the motorhome and 'camp' for a few days. We met some interesting Club members and some not so interesting Club members. And reinforced our opinion that karaoke is just not our thing. In fact, I will avoid it at all costs unless well fortified with fruit of the vine. We met one charming lady, in her 70's, who can count at least 70 countries on her list of travels. Last year she went to Tibet and took the high altitude train to get there....at 16,000 ft. I doubt I would find it appealing. I really am a wimp in many ways.
When Becca and Krystal were here, they wore delightful cover ups over their swim suits. They were brightly flowered and said they were from Target. Then I remembered some of the magazine ads I had seen filled with flowery patterns. Target and Liberty of London have collaborated on many items, not only for women but ties, shirts and boxers for men.
We made a quick stop when I spied a Target along the road and I had to satisfy my curiosity.
The designs were fresh and colorful and of a nice quality fabric. I did a quick search of the racks to see what might be appropriate for the 'mature woman' but didn't find something just right.
I'm hoping they continue this partnership awhile longer. I was at a Liberty store when we were in London a few years ago. I didn't buy any fabric but did get an Elizabeth Bradley needlepoint kit that is still a WIP.

Meanwhile, back to our travels. We spent Thursday on Amelia Island. We had been there several years ago and downtown hasn't changed. Fernandina Beach is the delightful town, a historical district. There are several blocks of preserved homes, many with colorful paint and gingerbread.

Note the 3 carousel horses on the porch.


Along the water we spied this scene......a very fake shark but from a distance it added character to the docks.
In previous centuries, it was a haven for pirates and they have several along the streets.



But it's good to be home. The weather is superb.!!! I've been waiting for months for this. It's currently 9:30 pm and the doors are open and it feels perfect. Come see us before it gets hot.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome home. I fed your fish for you while you were gone. Prob'ly gave 'em too much. They are in a bit of a food coma now.

    ReplyDelete