Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tell me it isn't so......


Pure fun. Andy and Mason took to the tepid pool water with enthusiasm. Last year, Mason wouldn't go in the water but look at him now..... very independent. (sorry that these pictures aren't 'clickable' to make them larger)

In the past few weeks, 2 out of the 3 sons have come back to the homestead. It has been great having them and their offspring here. They both enjoy our choice of retirement living and our lifestyle and visit fairly often. But, something different happened this time. They left clothes here !!! Like in drawers and closets. And even newly purchased golf clubs. And one of them even left a CAR !! Does this mean what I'm beginning to think it means............................are they all moving back HOME !!??

A couple of weeks ago, out of pure frustration, I went to the Custom Golf Ctr here and tried out some drivers. For those of you non-golfers, the Driver is the one that supposedly gets you the most distance off the tee. However, in payment for that distance, it has a very long shaft and is therefore more hard to control and sometimes it just has a mind of its own. My driver has always been my nemesis and altho I would prefer to never use it, that rather defeats the purpose of playing golf well. I didn't expect much when I went to demo the clubs but .........I found one that actually works. I pondered on it for a day and then went back and bought it. (The driver is also the most expensive club) I was able to buy the demo club at a substantial savings so I was happy. But, like a new pair of shoes that look so good in the store, they may give you blisters in the real world. I am happy, no ecstatic, to report that this driver has changed my LIFE. I am out playing with the big girls (figuritively, not literally) on the championship courses.....that's 18 holes of long distances. Yesterday, I had not one, but TWO birdies on the back 9. I tell you, it's nothing short of a miracle.
Life is good.


1 comment:

  1. Sue,

    Love the blog and keeping up with you and Paul!!!!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete