Friday, November 6, 2009

Temporarily out of order......

This is just exactly how I feel, except the lightning bolt is in my lower back. I am putting out a distress call for drugs of any kind. I have never had an issue with back pain except once and I always prided myself on using good body mechanics as a nurse, thereby missing the scourge of most nurses that I know.


But, sitting on a low stool, turning a wrench for hours and being in an awkward position when working on the RV, apparently did me in. It came on slowly and was probably aggravated by two long vigorous walks that Sonja and I did . Since yesterday, I have been laid low, using Motrin (mostly ineffective) and wishing it were Morphine. I'm assuming I can slowly heal thru the weekend and be up and running (a figure of speech only) by Monday.

Weather is lovely , in the 70's, light breezes, no humidity and the golf course is waiting. Had to cancel my usual Friday foresome.
And now, I'm going to try and sit in a chair and do some drawing.
Addendum a few hours later: . . .can't sit, can't lay, barely walk....the heating pad is my friend. I feel my years plus 30.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are hurting. Be careful with the heating pad, it may make it feel better, but it can make things worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete