Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hurry up and wait....

Departure has been delayed by a day and that is a good thing. We had originally thought of leaving today and heading out to California to enjoy their wines and visit with my mother. I believe that visiting with my mother was the real objective but you know, "when in France......". And we also had planned on flying for free out there. That perceived priviledge of flying for nothing when you have a son who works for an airline. Well, it ain't always that easy and altho we certainly are happy that Jon has given us that benefit and we often take advantage of it and we had hoped to this time.......the planes are full. All that news of empty planes this summer is a myth. At least on Continental or at least on the flights we want to take. So we will donate to the competition and fly on




And we don't have to pay for the behemoth of a bag filled with 10 pair of shoes, 6 books, parkas and evening gowns and at least 20 lbs of cheap jewelry. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the gallon of gin and 14 bottles of wine. Plus my friend Lynne who insists she can curl up real small in the bag and would like to come along. I'm not sure why she would want to leave beautiful Vermont and head even further north, but we are accomodating. Check out her blog....I'd link to it but it's 7 in the morning and I forgot how to do that. http://lcroswell.wordpress.com/

One more thing . A few weeks ago , we finally picked a color and had the walls painted and crown molding put up. It made a huge difference in the look and in my mood. The color is called Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams and I think it is considered a cure for many ailments.
These are pictures taken with my iPhone.....have I mentioned what I think of that little piece of perfection?




2 comments:

  1. I have two sons committed to iPhones. Now if they only had the apps!
    Your new walls are so soft and lovely.
    And check out my blog. Jane left a response to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new wall color, but then you know how I feel about blue.....

    ReplyDelete