Saturday, May 31, 2008

Life is good....

Yes, those are bright shiny NEW clubs on that cart. All dressed up in a fancy bag with matching club covers. I was able to try out some new clubs for 3 days from the Golf Academy. The depressing nature of my golf game got a big lift from using hybrids . When I returned them, the well informed employee discouraged me from my interest in those particular clubs and steered me to a less expensive option. I was able to try them out in the teaching bay (like hitting them out of a garage) and I liked them so brought them home. I still can't hit very well with the driver and much prefer my old putter, but the Sand wedge is a miracle instrument. I'm no longer intimidated by that fluffy white stuff........welll, maybe just a little.


The other day we joined friends for a trip to a course about 15 min from here. We actually paid to play golf.....something we don't have to do here . (unless we play the championship courses). This place was the most beautiful course I have ever seen. It would have been great just to walk and not even play. It was exquisite.
There were waterfalls and fountains and bridges and beautiful magnolias and oaks dripping in spanish moss.

Many of the palm trees had either impatiens or ferns or both covering the trunks.
A few days ago, we had dinner at our neighbors Frieda and John Scott's. They have a large lanai with a pool AND a putting green. Here is Frieda trying her best at the chipping contest. Roger and Sue Johnson , who live next door, also joined us. Frieda, Sue and I all take pickle ball lessons together.


John, the gracious host, managed to miss the table and dumped his food all over his feet. We were all happy that he did it and not us. At times like this, you really need a dog, or a neighbor with a dog. None of us fit that catagory so John had to clean it up





And I saved the best for last.........................#2 in the "CARS" series. Mater is a tow truck in the movie.




The boys know all the characters well and I suspect that with all the moving boxes, the series will continue.

Addendum: We kept reminding ourselves that we had to be outside at 5 pm to watch the shuttle blast off into space. Well, we almost missed it but we managed to dash out back just as it was breaking thru a cloud along the horizon and moving VERY fast, arching upward. Initally, it appeared as a brilliant red bullet, probably a reflection of the sun and not the huge rockets, followed by a large contrail. As it rose rapidly, it gleamed white and quickly became smaller and smaller until only the contrail was visible. We don't hear any sound associated with it. It was magnificent. In my earlier thoughts, I planned on having the camera ready, but of course, I didn't and therefore there are NO pictures.......next time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment