Saturday, May 24, 2008

BC

Just what did we do with all of that time ??? BC, before computers, that is. !!!! Were our houses cleaner? Did we engage in quality time with others? Did we shop more? Did we read more? Did we watch more stimulating TV? If someone has any idea, please let me know because I don't remember.

I admit that I am addicted. I have been since Day 1. Back when we first had a computer that I understood and could operate.( It was around the time of the Eastern Airlines debacle and we were in the midst of it. ) One of the forms of communicating and obtaining all those improbably rumors came via the old TI or what ever brand it was. We gradually upgraded and became more literate. It certainly helped that we had genius children who understood this new frontier. The progression continued rapidly with the latest and the best crossing our doorstep. And with Michael being a part of the Microsoft machine, we now have access to our own NERD who speaks English and does not live in India and is willing to make housecalls. Currently, we REQUIRE 2 laptops to keep us happy and connected.

Who knows where this will all lead. I would like to come back in 100 years just to see what technology has accomplished. (If there is a next 100 yrs, considering the state of the economy, the environment and our pitiful Congress......but I digress.

Had a bit of a health scare recently. Don't you love it when the Dr is deep into an exam and says "Whoa....what is this? " Well, it got my attention and prompted more advanced tests, several days of severe angst, a mental settling of affairs and an appreciation of all that I have. Fortunately, the young ultrasonographer broke all the rules and declared me fit as he saw it........and the final report confirmed his opinion. Thank you Dave for saving me many more days of terror. At this age, I think mentally, we are all bracing ourselves for that large hammer hanging over our head to give us a gentle knock now and then. I think I am prepared for my imagined scenarios but this one caught me off guard. I am sometimes too acutely aware of my body and how it behaves. This time I had NO symptoms and so was pretty blindsided by the thought that cells might be running amok. So, I will look at my world with a fresh view and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment