Thursday, February 21, 2008

How cold is it ?


In the fine print of the weather.com site, it says that it feels like 10 degrees. When I arrived home yesterday, the wind was fierce and the house was chilled to 50 degrees. It took layers of clothes, hot tea and a blanket to warm me up. Where is that husband when you really need him? Oh, yes, he's in FLORIDA.!!


The leaves are frozen into the pond. I wonder how the fish are doing. The previous years, they have survived and multiplied. But the ice looks very thick today and not sure they were able to escape to the bottom. Last year the frogs didn't make it. The new owner says she wants to keep the pond.


There is still snow around the yard and more predicted for tomorrow. Paul is scheduled to fly in on Friday and I suspect the airports will be a mess. I will pick him up if he actually gets there.
After over 2 years of complaining about my cell phone, I broke down and bought a new one. Now, my preference would have been an iPhone but I didn't want to give up Verizon service. I had a nice salesperson to assist me and explain, in simple terms, all the phone options now available. They are many and I'm sure I will use about 2 of them. This phone has a camera, an MP3 player, a GPS and email. Those last 3 items have charges so I don't plan on using them.




But this is why I really wanted it. It has a KEYBOARD. Now for you technophiles and teenage grandchildren, this is not news. But for me, it has made a big difference in my texting abilities. Alex was very surprised that I even sent text messages and said, "You're just like a teenager!". Before, I could manage to pound out a couple of words....now I can write a novel. I feel like we have been moving for months instead of weeks. The process just goes on and on. I am just anxious to get this all over with and head back to the warm.....and our stuff....and our new life. Today I will drop off clothes and more clothes to charities. Friends will stop by and pick up various pieces of furniture that didn't fit in Florida. I am getting rooms cleaned and touch up painting done.. On Monday a company comes and cleans out all the leftover debris and then we are DONE. We will let the lawyer handle the closing later in the week while we are basking in the sun on the golf course.


No comments:

Post a Comment