Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good morning

We manage to get together so seldom. This was taken in early November when we gathered for Dad's memorial service. From the left, Jon, Jeff, Mike, me, Paul and Marybeth, Jon's wife. Someday soon, I hope to see us ALL together. We are so fortunate that they chose us as their parents and grandparents.


Life is quiet these days now that all the papers are signed and decisions made. I believe this is the first year I have felt none of the Christmas stress . No decorating, no baking, no shopping., well, of course I did shopping but not the frantic kind. I think everyone should take a year off every now and then. But we are SO looking forward to our trip west to celebrate with the Colorado Clan. Peace and quiet will be over and laughter and good food will prevail. We will really miss watching Andy and Mason discover Christmas morning. but I'm sure Lizzie can equal their enthusiasm. Andy said he hopes Santa brings him 'a present' but no special requests.

We enjoyed dinner last night with Ernie and Barbara after we toured the new house. They approved. In the morning, we attended a Good Golf session. A presentation on all the rules and regs of golf in The Villages. They have an automated tee-time system, accessible by phone or computer. It took one hour for someone to explain the system. They say its very equitable and Paul seems to understand it. I don't. I hope to start playing on Ladie's Day after we get back.

We attended the Inner Circle neighborhood gathering the other night. It is a very active group even tho most have only lived there a few months. We signed up for couples golf and ladies golf. We met most of our next door neighbors and liked them all. There are about 100+ homes included. They meet monthly. I don't think they give you much time to be the new kid on the block.
The Villages is made up of many villages.......We will be living in the Village of Amelia . Each villages has its own pool and mail center and several villages share a Recreation Center where there is usually a family pool, huge center with meeting rooms, some have a fitness center. Each has a different theme. They are over-the-top decorated. Yesterday's golf meeting was at Lake Miona Center which had a nautical theme. It was quite amazing down to the smallest detail. I should have brought my camera.
Time for the morning walk.....I have new shoes so there's a spring in my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment