Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ready, Set, Go



Trash? No just creative packing. With the Explorer getting filled with bikes, golf clubs, a printer and assorted necessities, the room left for the really important things had dwindled. Ordinary luggage just wasn’t going to fit so ingenuity took over. Our clothes pack very nicely in the bags and they kindly shape to fit the space. I’m just wondering what the Florida neighbors will think when we pull up and start hauling in garbage.
We will try and leave early on Friday but I suspect we’ll have enough last minute ‘to do’s’ that it might be closer to noon. It’s 1065 miles according to mapquest. Over to Harrisburg, turn left, wander towards Baltimore and then south on I-95. Or we could stay on I 81 which is much prettier, less traffic and follows the Shenadoah Valley. I have expressed some concerns about the 2000 Ford Explorer being physically fit for this trip. It’s been going strong for over 100,000 miles so I hope it has a few more left. Paul’s theory is that if it quits on the way down, that is where we will retire. I guess it’s as good as any way to pick a new place to live. I just hope it’s someplace warm ……..
Friday we will celebrate 44 years of togetherness. From the very beginning, I knew that we were meant to be together and 2 years ago, when our world was turned upside down, I felt deep within that we would not be separated.
We'll update as we travel, providing we have internet at the hotel tomorrow.....otherwise, we'll talk on Saturday or Sunday. ........live from The Villages in the land of sunshine and oranges.and grey hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment