Thursday, March 30, 2023

Winter hangs on....






These are  a few of my favorite things..... I found these owls in a garden shop in CT at Christmas.    They had several different varieties but they were pricy.    I came back after the holiday and they were 50% off and now they are very happy in Colorado.  They are made with feathers and very fluffy and soft.   And I'm not thinking about where all those feathers came from...... I'm assuming
it was an old pillow. 



Only in Colorado do you see people shoveling snow in shorts.    He fits right in except he doesn't have his sandals with socks on.     

Mountains are still getting feet of snow, the spring winds are starting up and the trees are budding.   



 

3 comments:

  1. OMG. That saying is so true. I make hubby breakfast every day (eggs, waffles, bacon, cereal, yada yada), then cleanup, start to prep for for dinner or at least think about what to make! Will it ever end. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't checked in in awhile. Those owls are so cute! Shakespeare's Garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those owls are so fluffy and life-like. I see they're enjoying the view. That quote is SO true! Every morning before breakfast (in case something needs defrosted) I think, "What do I have on hand that is fast and easy for dinner?" It usually includes standing at the sink and chopping vegetables for longer than I like.... Having a live-in chef would be wonderful (in my dreams). We're still moving fresh snow here - however, as temps rise, it melts fairly quickly. No buds on my aspens yet. However, down the street I saw daffodil bulbs sending up shoots about an inch.

    ReplyDelete