Saturday, March 28, 2020

520 miles later.......

We're back where we belong.     Did the long drive again on Thursday.    We're kind of getting used to the route and there's enough  variety to mark our progress.    We'll miss the beautiful landscape of Arizona and my hilly walks and bike rides.    And of course, the nice weather.  

Navajo Nation has a fair number of COVID cases and it's the first place where we've seen masks being worn.    We avoided  everything and everyone.     I found 2 full bottles of 70% alcohol in the laundry room when were home a couple weeks ago . ( It does not expire for a couple years)  So, I put it in a Windex spray bottle and we spray hands, soles of our shoes, car door handles etc.    I do have hand sanitizer but the spray bottle is more efficient.   I wipe all groceries before bringing into the house with Clorox wipes....even bananas 

I decided to try the grocery pick up system at the local City Market.   Their site is not as smooth as it could be but I was able to make a list of a few things.    If I need to change anything, I need to call them which would be a pain.    Interesting that the first pick up time available was 2 days later.    Ours will be ready at 5 pm on Sunday.    It's a small trial order as we are well supplied with food.    

One thing we are running low on is oatmeal.    We eat it everyday and buy in bulk at Costco.   I went online and found that it was sold out everywhere.  ( Eventually, I was able to preorder it at Costco for delivery in about 2 weeks).    Who would have thought?   I happened to mention this to son #3.   He promptly answered with this picture.........    We actually bought that oatmeal on a visit at Christmas !   He says "it's desperate times".



Meanwhile, it is just great to be home amid these uncertain times.    I worry about family and friends who aren't able to remain as isolated as we are.  

And then, we woke to this beautiful scene this morning.      


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue! Glad you're safely back home and hopefully well. I love that last photo - so Colorado! Unfortunately, we're due for snow this weekend - it could be a little or a lot. At our altitude, we're sure to get some. Is your golf course still open (when there isn't snow on it)? We're having some trouble in Summit County with short term rentals still renting to people from out of town/state. They are asked to desist, but I don't think there is much enforcement. Stay well and enjoy your spring. I hope you can get out on your bike.

    ReplyDelete