Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Onward to 2018 .....

We miss these cute kids.....even the big ones!    It was a relaxing fun family time and went by in a flash.    Not sure why this pic is fuzzy but maybe it's the image gods deciding that aging grandma's 
need a little help.  


We always bring a souvenir home with us despite  observing all my nursing techniques to avoid germs.     I do have to admit that there might have been some kissing and hugging with those cute faces.  (not that I"m blaming them but Andy was a bit feverish and ended up with a ruptured eardrum )  I seem to be on the mend and we are still on plan to launch for parts south in a couple of days.  
    

 I gave my golf bag it's annual cleaning.    Interesting what odd things I find in the various pockets....but not much $$.    My driver head cover was in need of a serious soaking....almost too real looking in the bubbles.     Laddie was a good dog and it's hard to forget those 17 years he kept us safe (from chipmunks), guarded the entries diligently and tried to herd all those grandkids that passed through his life.     He lives on in various forms.     This one came at Christmas and sits in the space that was meant for him.   (Maybe I'll even fill him with cookies).     Note that he is guarding the ibuprophen and Zicam.  



The house is a mess as we gather up too much stuff to carry with us to the land of the sun.   I know they have bookstores and yarn shops and even Costco down there but I want my stuff around me.     Our neighbors at Palm Creek are texting and waiting for us to show at the nightly happy hours around the fire pit.    We're getting close.


Meanwhile, I love the happy color to brighten these grey days.............




And 75 years never looked so good !!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I bet you’re glad you’re not in Connecticut today! Did Paul have a birthday? Jim turned 75 a couple of weeks ago. I finally got the Christmas decorations put away today and I’m worn out. I am glad the holidays are over. We had way too many parties. Safe travels to the sun!

    ReplyDelete