Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thoughts on a Saturday........

A touch of the white stuff last night and now a crispy 22 degrees.    The sky is Colorado blue and the mountains have a fresh cover of snow.     

But last week, it was in the 60's and I actually played some golf. ... twice .     


There was an enthusiastic crowd on the 11th fairway.     The views from the back 9 are always inspiring.  



Newtown HS Marching Band accomplished a 1st in the school history.    They captured FIRST PLACE in their division in the National competition at Met Life stadium in NJ.   There were 55 bands total and 16 in their division.    They came in 4th overall.     We really wanted to be there but we settled  for frequent updates from the support team.    Can you tell it was really cold that night.?


I wonder if the school trophy case is big enough.    The kids worked incredibly hard and we are so proud of Andy.    Can't wait to see what they accomplish next year.



Speaking of accomplishments....... this kinda sums up the Bronco's year!


So many books....... I have such a long list of books I can't wait to read.   But, I also like to knit a lot so I finally gave in and got Audible.com once again.   In the past, I have listened to a couple books while I walk.    It really makes the time pass quickly.    It's not cheap, $14+ /month with one book included.   But it really is an addictive way to get involved in a book.   

I've wanted to read this one for awhile.   Reviews are very mixed but it has garnered several major awards and the critics loved it.    I think the audio version works really well  for this book as there are  so many voices and they add a real richness to the dialogue that would be lost in print.    I recognize some of the voices as well known actors.    It's not an easy listen and I could use a guide but it is one I will not soon forget.  
   


 At the same time, I'm reading all about this amazing Renaissance Man ( I had to ask Siri how to spell that...I'm so easily wowed by technology)...   Anyhow, this is a read to be savored.    I was hesitant to put it on the Kindle, afraid I would lose something in the included illustrations.    But, just the opposite as I can enlarge to get a better view of his drawings and paintings and sculptures.  


 Did you know that he wrote everything in mirror image, from right to left ?   Both Jenna and I can do that as well.....I've been doing it since grade school and can write about as fast backwards as I can the normal way .   I can only do cursive, not print.     Jenna may be descended from daVinci, considering her many creative talents, but I certainly am not.!


We're really looking forward to being with family this Thanksgiving.    Living in Florida, we never made the trip on  that busy holiday.    So we will head East, over the mountains and thru the woods to be with favorite people once again.      And then head back home to see some more favorite people.....stay tuned .

No comments:

Post a Comment