Monday, August 17, 2015

No news is good news .................

Got nothing much to share these days.    Weather is about perfect, friends are mostly perfect, we are rarely  perfect and life is good.     
   
Since I put up the feeder, we have been besieged by hummingbirds.    I only put up this poor quality picture to prove that we do have them.    But I am unable to capture anything about them.    Plus, the sun is in the wrong place most of the time.     I'm not sure if a tripod would help.      My neighbor put out a feeder also and asked if I was getting many hummers.    I said that I was and she sighed in frustration.     I then told her that I put 'red wine' in mine and maybe she should do the same ( not ! ).....she said that if I'd put white wine in she'd come over and drink from it........the visual was too much !!

  


 This week, Jenna and former Coloradan, Bev, drove over from Denver in order to enjoy some back country Jeep trails.    The flowers are fading a bit but there is an occasional columbine and the paintbrush and fleabane are quite prolific.  






And this fawn was out exploring with her twin while  mama kept a watchful eye.  

Otherwise, not much happening out here in the SW.    And that is a good thing.    


2 comments:

  1. I have to fill up the hummingbird feeder every other day. Last night we had 4 hammers zipping all around and two actually got a drink at the same time! That doesn't happen often.

    The waterfall, evergreen trees and paintbrush are eye candy for sure!

    ReplyDelete