Monday, September 29, 2014

The world in color……..


The most beautiful season is upon us out here in the West.    Everyone thinks of New England color when fall comes but I think we can rival that easily.  


My much younger ( everyone seems to be younger than me ) brother Tom and my SIL Regina left the beautiful California Sierra's and came east.    The aspen put on an amazing display.



 This year there is a heavy mixture of the red/orange color.     And the vibrant aspens contrast with the dark green pines to really glow.



This is right out of the camera, no enhancement, no coloring, no brightening….Mother Nature' masterpiece.    Yesterday, the snows came to the mountain peaks and once the rains and clouds have been pushed away by the sun, I will be out to capture it.

Tom and Regina left this morning to explore the NP's of Utah….Bryce and Zion and others.    He left a bit of his creativity behind but I need to take a video of it.     Stay tuned.  
And now, it's time to change the sheets and await our next guests.    Hope the aspen stick around a bit longer so we can share.    

4 comments:

  1. Gasp! I'm speechless....wow. Yaknow, I have a plethora of orange fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...that last picture is absolutely perfect! Fall colors are my favorite! Hope we get to the LaSals before the leaves fall...

    Those wonderful pictures bring back nice memories and hope for visits again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! We are just starting to get color here. I always say that September and October should be twice as long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics!!!
    Jeff & Jennifer

    ReplyDelete