Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Progress

I have no pictures.   I could have taken a few of the minimalist look we are currently sporting but I think I'll just wait until we're a bit farther along.     And I keep forgetting my camera in order to capture the beautiful mountain peaks  that received new coatings of the white stuff over the weekend.   The weather is turning delightful.   There was monsoon like rains over the holiday weekend and unfortunately, one result was the massive landslide  north from us.     The morning temps are in the high 40's and warms up quickly to the 70's.    We are to have a heat wave for a couple of days but with the very dry air, it is quite nice.  

We have been busy.    Mostly looking at furniture, dealing with minor items on the punch list, waiting for deliveries and ordering more stuff.     And we've also been quite social.  

We now have a dining table…only seats 6 so don't bring a crowd when you visit.    We ordered a sofa and loveseat and one recliner from Lazy Boy……today we received one sofa and two recliners and no loveseat.    After a phone call, we will now receive the loveseat at a nicely reduced price and will keep the 2nd recliner.     We've ordered cable and internet ( Charter) and had our trash and recyclingi containers delivered today. We have a mailbox down the street and are getting mail.  

We are Club members and on Memorial Day we attended a BBQ and met really friendly people.   The day before, I had gone to a charity Tea at the club.    I was invited to go along with 3 of my neighbors and we had a lovely time.    I wish I  had worn  a pretty  hat altho most didn't.

We haven't decided on which of the Golf memberships we will invest in.   They have many options and it takes a serious brain to figure it all out.    I"m anxious to get out and try out the course.    We have a ringside seat to the 3rd hole, Par 3.    So far, the ladies all seem to be pretty darn good.    They have  9 hole and 18 hole groups that play on Tuesday.   I think I will start out with the 9's next week. …but first I need to spend some serious time at the driving range.

Tomorrow we get our bed altho the rest of the bedroom pieces were delivered earlier.    I have a decorator coming tomorrow to help with the window coverings on the very large window in the great room.      All in all, it's coming along just fine altho it would be nice to move in totally instead of splitting ourselves and our stuff between the house and the MH.

There are times when I wonder why we have so many houses, fixed and movable.  But right now, it seems to be working and I refuse to think about all the dishes I have acquired…..not to mention coordinating towels for bathrooms.       About 30 % of the development leave in the winter to 2nd homes….mostly Arizona but some go to Florida.

Enough of my consumerism…..   I hope you'll consider visiting ….. but not all at once please !

3 comments:

  1. We hope to see yiu the last week in July! We will be in Montrose at the Jellystone RV Park. We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds wonderful beyond belief. I can't wait to see pictures of EVERYTHING!

    I haven't played golf in months...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to make the blue tape for the TV much larger

    and it's time to ditch the weather widget for florida.

    Anonyme

    ReplyDelete