Friday, February 7, 2014

Pictures that speak to me……..

 Its a house !!    Not a great picture but this is the back of the house.    Electrical and plumbing to begin soon.   I feel bad for the workers who are dealing with very cold and snowy conditions.    I'd give them hot chocolate if I was there.     We received an invite to  a "Welcome Newcomers" party at the end of the month.   Don't think we'll make it.  

 (Note the MOUNTAINS over the roof line ! )    "The mountains are calling and I must go"  (John Muir said it first but I know how he felt.)


   We're in touch with neighbors and friends that we've met there and already feel part of the community.


Sometimes, well maybe most of the time, I am in denial about how #2 son spends his days .   I know that he is an accomplished police officer in Vancouver, Washington.   I know that it is not a large city with large violent gang populations.   I know that domestic issues are some of the  most dangerous situations that they face due to their unpredictability.    I know he would be bored helping old ladies cross the street……but……when his picture makes the LA Times, I take notice.
 


He was leaving the site of a murder -suicide at a workplace.    I'm not sure what he is thinking at this moment but I hope he can shake it off and think about his golf game.    I am very proud that he has chosen this profession, despite all of its difficulties and dealing with all of the negative aspects of our society.   But, when someone called me from a police recruitment dept and asked how I felt about him becoming a police officer, I said that I'd rather he sold shoes.         Fortunately, he goes home to his wonderful wife and Guiness and Kitty.      Be safe out there Jeff.

      

5 comments:

  1. His service is appreciated I am sure ... keep safe wishes go out from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about your new house!! I know you'll love it. I also know how you feel about your son...mine runs into burning buildings for a living. These are the everyday heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the blog twice this year, going for a record! BTW I think media adds 15lbs, gray hair, and 10 years! For what it's worth I'm sure I was thinking about what to have for lunch and how to lower my handicap!

    House looks great, and big!

    #2 son

    ReplyDelete
  4. To read your blog and then to read Jeff's comment made me so proud to know you! He must have gotten his great sense of humor from you! Next time you see Jeff, please give him a big hug from the Taylor's and thank him for his service.
    The house looks like a house! I know you are getting so excited and how great it is to already have friends!
    We are in Yuma.....first time here.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, fill me in!! I've lost some of my book marks and just got back to your blog! What's this about a house? Love pic of you son! God bless him and all those who keep us safe...I'd thank each and every police officer, fire man or service man if I could. Where would we be without these great men and women!!

    ReplyDelete