Thursday, April 4, 2013

Exploring Georgia

We are on the road again.....this time just 3.5 hours away in Brunswick, Georgia at the Coastal Georgia RV Resort.    It is a very very nice campground with spacious well landscaped sites and spotless facilities.    We'd give it a "10" on any scale except it has little black bugs....sort of like gnats that get in your face and in your motorhome thru the screens.   They do bite and we spray liberally before heading out but they still are a fog around the head and eyes.   It really makes being outside very unpleasant.   We are here for a Tiffin rally.   Tiffin makes our coach and there is a forum for members to share info and tidbits on everything.    This is a semi-annual gathering and there are about 70+ coaches very similar to ours .     It looks like a dealer lot !!    Paul's enjoying putting faces with the names on the forum.      Events are planned and every evening there are meals, both potluck and provided in the open air pavilion by the lake.    We'll, we sit, we eat, and we leave.    It really is unfortunate that it is so miserable being outside  as it would be lovely to meet other people.  
Before we left home, I finally accomplished one of my goals to meet a fellow blogger who winters near us.    You'd think that arranging a meeting of two retired nice women would be easy....not !    Anyhow, as I was going off to meet her, Paul was questioning my judgement in meeting a perfect stranger.....I told him we were meeting at Panera's but he still asked for a text when I left.      So here's the picture 
 of the serial killer that I met.  !!    This is Robbie and if you follow the link, you will see that she is sitting on an elephant....in Florida.     Anyhow, she is very creative and talented and we felt like old friends.    I'm hoping that some of her energy will rub off on me.      She was kind enough to take a boat- load of beads off my hands and out of my closet.    I have had them for years, beautiful and shiny, with thoughts that I would eventually do something with them........but now, it is time to start decluttering and make room for new 'stuff''.       She was able to sort thru them and regift a bunch to other friends.   Plus, she made a little 'snap bag' for my purse to carry "important things".....she is a master at free motion quilting ..... I'm so pleased.    AND, I now have a golf bag charm for my phone.....Thanks so much Robbie for the unique gifts, for helping me out with the beads, for being such a delight to meet and for NOT being a serial killer.  
 Between raindrops down here in coastal Georgia, we did a bit of exploring on St Simon's Island.
The oaks are magnificent and many of the island roads are framed by them.    We'll go back for more on the weekend when the sun shines again.  (I had to remove the picture of the oaks as the wifi here is pretty weak and unpredictable and it finally posted when I took out the pic )

I'm putting out a HELP request to fellow bloggers.    When I first started the blog, I thought I made it so people could sign up to be notified when I post a new entry.    Apparently, that never happened and over the past few months, I have had some requests to do the necessary corrections so they can put it on their readers or subscribe to posts.    I went on dashboard but couldn't figure out how to do it......so, if one of you out there on blogger could give me DETAILED instructions, I would be appreciative.

4 comments:

  1. There is something odd/funny/strange about your blog...it never shows up on any blog-notification servers, at least none that *I* have used. (3.) And if you try to search for your blog using the http:// address, apparently you don't exist. I've scratched my head over this a few times (since given up) and I don't understand it.

    So MAYBE you might want to make a new blog and merge your existing posts into it. Then notify your followers of the new address, and put a link to it on your existing blog. Then you can add the button for people to click to follow you (it's in the design area).

    Your blog friend looks pretty safe to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, another idea, check your settings and make sure your privacy settings are set so you are visible to search engines. That might be causing the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try going into 'layout'; then 'add a Gadget' (should be on the right side of your page); the select 'more gadgets' which is on the top left side; then scroll to the bottom...you should see 'followers' & select...see if that works...I too enjoyed our lunch!!! Look forward to next year. My friend should have rec'd her 'box' of jewels today! I'll let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have mentioned before that I've not been able to subscribe to your blog either. I can get an RSS feed even without the gadget Robbie mentioned (the RSS icon shows in my browser), but it leads to somewhere else. It's possible you got bit by some virus that is redirecting your blog to a different address. Rian may be right ... you might consider starting a new blog. You can even import your existing posts so that you don't lose them.

    ReplyDelete