Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012


Yesterday, as we marveled at Nature's finest season in the mountains, I thought of my mother frequently.       She tirelessly tended the flowers  and plants that bloomed and blossomed with her care.     She scoffed at those who dwelled on their  worries and anxieties and said she dealt with her frustrations by pulling weeds.    She shared a long marriage with my dad and never quite recovered when he was gone.     
   She listened to many at the kitchen table as they came for her counsel and she volunteered to brighten the days of the elderly .   She cooked plainly but the cookies were abundant.    She saw generations of grandkids and great-grandkids grow and do well.    She was short and tiny but only in stature.....She was vigorous and spunky and stubborn.     She lived a wonderful life, happiest in her garden.     Today, after almost 92 years , she moved on to another place of beauty..........

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mom. She sounds like she was a wonderful and special person. What a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies, Sue. No matter how old or how sick, it's always hard to lose your mother. After 16 years I still miss my mom.
    I'm sure that your mother would have loved your beautiful pictures and love of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, see you in a few weeks!
    Jeff & Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences, Sue. After being out of the country for a while, I'm just now catching up.

    ReplyDelete