Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today I'd rather ......

....blog than go for my morning walk. Well, actually, I'm just trying to avoid the walk. It is 41 degrees, cloudy, windy and I'm trying to deal with shin splints. So, you all get to share the trivia of my life once again.

This is the man with the raspy voice that we all like to cozy up with by the fire......or rock away the hours with his music of years past.
This is the Rod Stewart we actually saw last night. The Great Pretender series brings look alikes, sound alikes and wannabees to The Savanna Center. I enjoyed his
plausible attempt at impersonation altho the raspy voice was mostly missing in the 90 minute aerobic renditions of favorite music. The back up band was good and in general, the old people really got into it, complete with the oversized soccer ball bouncing about the crowd..... Never having seen the REAL thing, I'm assuming the various gyrations, dancing with the crowd and whirling the microphone stand, are RS trademarks. I enjoyed it, Paul not so much.

I found a great time waster yesterday......like I need any more. Someone recommended an app for the iPad and I had to try it. It is really fun.

You write with your finger (or spend money on a stylus) in colors and various line width. Comments by others said they take notes with it in meetings.......I think it would be fun for kids to practice writing. I enjoy doodling on it. Have no idea if there is any real practical application but it is fun..........and did I mention the procrastination feature??

No comments:

Post a Comment