Sunday, June 6, 2010

From the land of sweat

Can you imagine exploring Florida, or Mexico or anywhere south of Canada wearing this garb.    If they came in their flotilla today, they would die quickly of heat stroke....after they were laughed off the beach by     the welcoming ?? local natives in their loin cloths.      We are in the dog days of spring.    It is hot hot hot.     And humid (not sure what color humid is) and they say the heat index is 105 degrees.    It was 80 at 7am this morning.       Way too hot for anything more strenuous than a walk to the refrig for a cold one to take out to the pool.

I'm trying out a new blogger gadget and not really understanding what it does.    Supposedly, I should be able to rearrange pictures easier........well, so far it is just a confused jumble.    Whereever these pictures land is where they are staying.  
A couple friends and I made the trek down to the Millennia Mall in Orlando.   It is a very nice place with a fabulous restaurant called Brio......someone said it might be a chain but I've never heard of it .......if you do find one, order the risotto.    I could have eaten a pail full.
There is a Neiman Marcus there and we wandered in .......found a really cute sleeveless ( yes, at my age I DO wear things that expose the flabby appendages)     silk flowered top with ruffles....(.yes, at my age I DO wear ruffles).    It was a mere 350 Dollars......but it's always fun to browse.
Anyway, the store has a large atrium in the middle and there were these millions of feathery, filmy butterflies hanging by clear thread.    They ruffled in the breeze and were just wonderful.     There is no way I could capture the whimsy of it all.   


Every Friday, about 16-20 of the neighborhood ladies play golf at one of the Executive courses.    We range from bad to worse most of the time but it is fun and we get to know each other better and about once a month or so, we follow it up with lunch.      We've decided we need a name and color to be identifiable  on the course.      Lately, we've been known as Chix with Stix but I think that is a brand name for women's golf accessories .     Someone suggested Babes with boobs and balls..........I shortened it to Babes with Balls and contacted the World Famous Custom Design company, called PJ Creations in Highlands Ranch , Colorado for some suggestions and prices to outfit us.    I think they do all of their promoting on Facebook.      Go order a glitzy T shirt.  
  I  just know that followers of this blog are much more creative than I and can come up with some other suggestions (Rian, this means YOU)  for a unique name and logo.     

By the way , on Friday, we played one of the easiest courses in TV and several of us managed to shoot a 31....par is 27 so it was a good day.    I'm sure I would have had at least a 24 if I'd  had my new pitching wedge and the greens hadn't just been aerated and sanded.........or maybe not.




   

1 comment:

  1. We are to get up to 108 today, but it is a dry heat and fairly tolerable. There are actually people out there playing at noon. That is beyond me. I wish we had night golf here. It would probably cost a fortune.

    I have heard of Chicks with Sticks on the west coast, don't know if it's a clothing line or what, but I saw it printed on the side of a van. Sanded greens can really make your scores go up. Like putting at the beach.

    How about The Divot Divas? Or Backspin (or Backswing) Babes, Eightless Wonders, Beaver Pelts, Swingin Sweethearts.

    ReplyDelete