Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Too soon it's over.....

Prior to my family's arrival, this lovely creation was delivered to our doorstep. The entire cake was edible and calorie for calorie, was probably the most expensive birthday cake I have enjoyed. It was magnificent and I highly recommend that you contact 1-800-FLOWERS if you'd like one (no affiliation, just a recommendation).

They also gave me these delightful slippers, all silk and padded. Great for my dainty feet on these tiled floors.

My sisters have excellent taste in clothes, decorating ideas and handbags.....unfortunately I didn't get a pic of the bags......just think large and colorful. But they did take on the house as their project and gave us excellent and creative ideas. As part of the process, they moved furniture......several times until it was right. We even enlisted the strength of Mother.


But all our fun time together ended much too soon. Since they have always lived on the opposite coast, we have spent most of our lives apart. My sisters are very talented successful women whom I have admired from afar and sometimes wished they lived next door. I look forward to seeing them again very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment