Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happenings

Guess who had his 5th birthday? And made even more special by the spectacular cake his mom made. Jon also had a birthday recently and turned a young 38. Realizing of course that we are much too young to have children as old as they are........
Jeff came to visit and it has been just great having him. We opted to take a day off from golf and drive over to the East coast and toured St Augustine. This is a partial view of the Castillo de San Marcos built in 1695 by the Spanish. St Augustine is the first permanent European settlement in the continental U.S. Established in 1565, there is a lot of history packed into a relatively small area, easily walkable.

It was a warm day and we all got a bit too much sun. We drove over to the beach for some cooler air . There are very few sea shells on this part of the coast but the sand is like white powder.


The azaleas are in full bloom here in the south. Hibiscus were also prominent in many different colors. Maybe I need one of those in the yard.



Becca and I had a nice chat via text messaging this morning. She left very early this morning from Denver and was on a lay over in Dulles waiting with her Spanish class for the flight to Spain. What a wonderful exciting opportunity for her. Alex arrives tomorrow for the week. He is so nice to have around and we look forward to sharing the golf course and ping pong table with him. We may even try pickle ball (more on that sport in a later edition).

Last week, to celebrate Jon's birthday, I played 27 holes of golf in one day!!! I played 9 holes on the Executive course with the Ladies of Inner Circle Group and then played 18 on the Havana Championship course with Paul and Jeff. I am tooting my horn very loudly as I took the low score with the ladies and then managed a 97 on the 18. That is the first time I have ever shot below 100 and I am so excited. I just hope I can repeat whatever I did. We are playing 9 holes later today.

Weather is getting a bit warmer and I had the A/C on today. Jeff went for a run and came back drenched and very hot. And the envy of all he passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment