Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Transition day

Alex flew home last evening , one tired boy. His flight was almost 2 hours delayed and didn't lift off until after 7pm. It was a great weekend with him .
Today starts the transition to our life in Florida. We will move our clothes and assorted accumulation over to the new house and clean the rental. Tomorrow, very early, we fly north. Then the real work begins. I have lists on paper and in my head of what we move down and what we don't. Brutal decisions will have to be made. It will be a cleansing experience....or not.


These are some neat shoes that Jenna gave me for Christmas.......a grey plastic very comfortable shoe.


These are socks that I knit.......and no, I'm not that talented.....the yarn self-patterns and creates this design all by itself.
These are the shoes and the socks. During the cooler weather, these have been on my feet and I just think it looks fun. Now, if I go without socks and just slip bare feet into the shoes, it looks too weird...like feet with no color....kind of cadaver-like. Too ugly to even photograph.
I have at least 2 more pairs of socks languishing on the needles. And one sweater and one shawl/scarf. I think I need to be snowed in to be motivated to get them knit. Sunshine and warm are not compatible with wool.

See you in Pennsylvania. Maybe the geckos will be waiting for us when we return in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Paul and Sue,
    Good luck with the 'sorting' exercise. And the move. Easy does it.
    I'm off to ND/MN...visit Mom, go to Boat Show, have dinner with old Camp White Earth friends, stay with Marrs, check on the cabin.....be home Sunday night.
    Take care, Guy

    ReplyDelete