Monday, April 18, 2022

Almost time to head home.....

Yes, still in AZ.    This is later than we usually stay but it has finally gotten warm and pleasant compared to the last 3 months.    We are 2000 ft higher than Phoenix and surrounds and it makes a big difference.    This rental has a beautiful yard with pool, hot tub, firepit, lounge with fireplace and TV and large dining area with kitchen.    We have used very little of it due to chilly days and wind.    The past week or so has been very nice and I'm sitting outside writing this.   My watch says it is 92 and breezy and I wouldn't want to be in the hot sun but here in the shade it is quite lovely and comfortable.   Plus I am listening to music from Queen, interspersed with a little Bach.... ( a bit schizophrenic ).    



These pictures aren't in any particular order so just bear with me.     My sisters and brother came for a visit.  Of course it was cold.    But we caught up and reminisced and that was good.   And, I took no pictures of the group.      The above was a gathering one day with lunch at the Club overlooking the golf course.    My sister, me, Jan, a HS classmate of my sister and her husband Jim who was our classmate and Paul.    Again, reliving old memories is always fun.   

Then Andy came for spring break from Clarkson U and brought his dad.    Pickleball and golf dominated and I didn't win at  either of them.    



And this is baby Rachel, now 6 months old and our 2nd great grand..... love the red hair.  



Jon came back with Mason for his spring break and I guess all the activities of more pickleball and golf wore him out on the fun Par 3 course.   The first 3 holes are a tease and a lot of fun and then the water carries show up for 3 holes and it gets expensive when the golf balls go swimming and are not retrievable.   

And then it was Easter and we went to Jeff and Jen's for too much food and drink.   And we always love having grandson Alex near.     Fun times.    


The panorama iPhone shot always distorts but you get the idea.   

And now, we are turning our thoughts to heading home later in the week.    The desert is in bloom and is quite stunning.    I'm still taking clippings of flowers and branches and plant parts to draw in  my journal.   

And I finally committed to taking classes at Denver Botanic Gardens once again.   I took several before but they seem to think it was too long ago so I will need to repeat them.    I don't really mind except for the $$ as I thoroughly enjoy classes but it will be interesting to take art classes online.    

I'm signed on with my coach for pickleball lessons.    I played years ago but prefer golf.    I was never any good.    So now we go out in the evenings and do drills and I might be improving.    A ladies only group is forming at home so that is my motivation.     

Mostly I love my morning walks on the hilly paths around here.    The scenery never gets old and I feel like it's very important to my physical and mental health.... I do 3-4 miles at a  good pace so I think that's pretty good, considering old age and all.      We did ride bikes yesterday on the hilly roads for about 10 miles....a good workout but that sun is intense.  


See you soon in beautiful Colorado !

  



 


 

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you're still 'kicking, hiking and painting!' HA Wonderful having time with family. We're having snow yesterday and today! Go figure! HA But soon it will be so hot we'll all be complaining! Do take care!!! And keep enjoying those walks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late coming to read, but I always enjoy your adventures and future plans. I know you're back in CO now. Hope you're busy drawing, pickle balling, walking, and biking. Snow is finally melted here at the house which means a lot of yard work. The tourist season is in full swing in Breckenridge, but it's still pretty quiet in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete