Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Monthly check in.....

The Grands, Lizzie and Becca ( and BF Michael,) came to visit over the long weekend.     How great to have them.    This was taken right before  we hiked the Oak Leaf Loop at Black Canyon NP.    It's not an easy walk and I'm glad I had my walking poles.....lots of elevation changes and rocky narrow trails....But I managed to keep up with the younger generation.    I wore that shirt in case I needed to be rescued and the helicopter could find me after I'd tumbled down the cliffs.   



Mason, marching in the heat of the day in the Memorial Day parade in Washington DC.    Very proud of the Newtown, CT High School Marching Band.   


It was live streamed so we were able to watch it !



We've had serious winds all spring.    We are already in drought conditions so this doesn't help.   And since I'm a fair weather golfer and bike rider, it does limit me.    I still manage my morning walks before the winds start.      Otherwise, all is good.    I'm taking an art class via Zoom and it has been an experience.   But I appreciate that it's even available.   


We took advantage of youth and strength and the kids moved furniture and helped us put the new area rug down.   I'm very pleased with my choice since I ordered it online and wasn't confident that the colors would work.   Pillows might need changing out.   

And now, we head into summer.    No specific plans.....

 

1 comment:

  1. Our spring has been terribly windy, too. A tree blew down on our deck, luckily not doing damage to the structure. It did take down a mature aspen unfortunately. I love the new rug! I see you have a bird pillow - I have one, too, that says: "The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those who sang best." Hope you're enjoying your drawing class. It just started raining/hailing here.

    ReplyDelete