Thursday, October 6, 2022

October

Jon upgraded to Captain and we were privileged to share the moment.   Very proud of him as he follows in his father's footsteps.     In a couple months, if you're on a United 737 flight, say Hi and I promise, he'll give you a smooth ride.  


While we were at the training center, he gave us the ten cent tour..... saw the mock ups and simulators and 
even the life rafts...( much bigger than I ever imagined).   Glad I saw them in a static display vs. an actual event !


Later that weekend, we headed to Boulder with Mike and Jenna.     We wandered Pearl Street and my favorite Book store, ate excellent pizza at Pizzeria Locale and the best desert ever !      Well fortified, we went to a concert at Chattaqua.     Rodrigo y Gabriela are a guitar duo.     That doesn't begin to describe their talent and it was a very enjoyable evening.     As I sat there with 1000 other fans, I wondered if I should be wearing a mask.   We are almost 3 months out from our bout with Covid and I wasn't very comfortable.    I had no mask with me and I'm not good at holding my breath but we seemed to have avoided it.    Just read where there are new variants being tracked in Europe that are different enough that our vax won't be very effective.....it's always something.     



It snowed on the mountains.   This is a view on my morning walk and it is much more dramatic with the snow.    We've had a lot of rain which is just so great....and now the snows necessary for the mighty Colorado to keep flowing.


And then we went for a walk.     Crystal Lake is in a beautiful setting among the mountains.    The aspen are at their peak and it was a crisp day  with a Colorado blue sky.







Today we are dealing with reactions to our boosters which we got yesterday.    It was a long night with chills and aches and today is lazy.   

    I'm taking a 5 week botany course and yes, it's about as exciting as it sounds.    No drawing but some dissecting (of flowers, not frogs) and a reference book so I don't have to remember it all.  

And, because we were in Boulder, I got a pair of Birkenstocks.    Yes, they are very comfortable, once broken in, and yes, they are rather unattractive.  



 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jon, just got shot also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined the Birkenstock club! Our fall is over, and I imagine yours is pretty much over too. Snowing here today, but so far no accumulation. A-Basin opened 1 run this AM - all man made snow. No thank you! Enjoy your class. Congratulations to Jon.

    ReplyDelete