Wednesday, May 19, 2021

An almost return to normal.....

All is good here on the Western Slope and the high desert is greening up and flowering and the wind continues to blow.   It's a spring thing and legend says that the winds will stop when the snow is melted on Horsethief Mountain...... there's still snow up there and we can blame errant golf balls on the winds.  


I liked this bright red salamander that Jon spied in the dried leaves.   When we lived in CT, I would find them in similar hiding places.    They are an interesting sort and very colorful.   


We finally had our first hummingbird sighting.... They are tiny and we haven't  seen many so far.



Life is almost getting back to normal.    We still wear our masks in stores but my groups are feeling liberated and meeting face to face is now happening.    So fun to play Mah Jongg again and have indoor lunch after golf league.    

Mike and Jenna came over for Mother's Day weekend.   We even went to a favorite mountain town for breakfast....outside on the patio....and wandered about in shops.     They found that they like our bikes and did some searching to find E-bikes in the Denver area.   But, due to extreme popularity, they are scarce.   Our local Trek store had a nice selection and Jenna found a mint green Townie.     




The following weekend, we drove east to catch up with the grand girls and to do some shopping.   I also went for a short ride on Jenna's "Daisy" along the trails in their community.    It was misting and breezy so I didn't stay out long.   But it was fun !   







Aspen is not a cat !     

They have a new Peloton bike.   I was very interested and hopped on for a try.   I was just getting into a good rhythm and 'feeling the burn' when my foot slipped off the pedal.  It kept spinning and I felt a sharp pain in my shin but put my foot back on and continued ...... and then I felt something warm and saw that my shoelaces were turning red ...... I managed to scrap a significant portion of my skin off.    Next time I'll use the toe clips.   But the shortened ride was fun and I can see the appeal.    





This week, we are probably saying goodbye to the motorhome.   It has not been an easy decision and there  are still mixed emotions about it.   We've been RVing for almost 15 years and have seen much of our beautiful country.    The lifestyle suited us and allowed us to stay in areas we might not have explored by car or plane.     But now, the campgrounds are overflowing, reservations are non-existent and prices are at an all time high.   Factories can't keep up with the demand.  (much like E-bikes).    In a couple years, there will be a glut on the market as people go back to their houses and regular jobs and return to school.    It is a good time and we think we have found a buyer who will appreciate our 2nd home as much as we did.  



 

4 comments:

  1. Great to see a post from you. I thought maybe you were in CT for graduation. I like seeing your spring photos that don't include snow. Our white is melting, but I still can't navigate the trails because snow is too deep. However, where our garden beds are exposed, green is showing as my wildflowers and perennials come up. We have a bit of respite from the tourists since Mother's Day, but by the end of May it will be busy here again. We can go mask-free now, but we still tend to wear ours when we're out and about in town or getting groceries. I think that there will be many non-vaccinated tourists this summer. A & B graduate tomorrow evening at Red Rocks - we'll watch the live stream on Facebook. Your leg looks very owey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Congratulations on selling the RV. You might get nostalgic in a couple years and buy another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch!!!! That looks like it hurt! My son and wife have one of those...they do love theirs and especially on those snowy winter days..my son is up at 3:45 to go work out daily so he still rides or runs outside but this is a good alterative...you be careful. Hope you get the motor home sold...it will be strange not reading about your travel days in it but you are good at documenting your travels! All good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (NO MEMBERSHIP FEE TO JOIN ILLUMINATI), I am giving a testimony on how i became rich and
    famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty
    and i had no body to help me, and also i searched for
    help from different corners but to no avail… I see
    people around me getting rich but to me i was so
    ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was
    very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something
    and i think over it through out the day so the next day
    i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me.
    ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you
    need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind
    so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said
    so later on i told my fellow friend about this same
    thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions
    so i decided to look in the internet and i found an
    email of an angent Jackson illuminatiriches50085@gmail.com and
    we decided to contact them and fortunately we did as
    them instruct us to do and later, them told us to get some
    requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took
    us just a week and later on the great Illuminati gave
    us $7,000,000.00 to start up our lives…. and now am
    testifying that if in any case you want to join any
    great Illuminati all you need to do is for you to contact
    him on whatsapp +1(409)2993890.

    ReplyDelete