Thursday, September 20, 2018

Lazy times...

.... around here these days.      Social season still in full swing and golf shows no signs of slowing down.    But you can feel the changes in the air as the days are a bit shorter, the sun not so hot and the trees beginning their colorful fall show.       It's my favorite time....

Today we are headed to Crested Butte for some lunch and then a return on a jeep trail or two to see the color.    The largest aspen stand in the world is near Crested Butte and in high season it is jammed with photographers determined to get the perfect shot of the beautiful golden aspen.   Hopefully, it is too early although the news said the colors are about a week early.    

I've ordered a new lighter camera with all the latest and greatest.    Mine was great but now it is over 10 years old and not as sharp and user friendly....( kinda like my brain and other body parts).  It is to arrive tomorrow and I'm anxious to explore it and hopefully, be impressed.     I've heard that the new iPhone X and the newer ones have great cameras and it would make sense to have it all in one package but I don't think I'm there yet.   My phone is getting slower and and older but the new prices are impressive..... 
The sisters are currently on a Viking cruise on the Rhine and thoroughly enjoying it.    My mother and I did a guided trip to London and Europe  and their pictures bring back many good memories.   Lots of cathedrals and castles and fairy tale villages.    Makes me think that it's time we did something similar...... I really want to do the Viking cruise in China.    Golfing friends say it is the best thing they've ever done.     


Meanwhile, I have decided to tackle the books and videos of Game of Thrones.    I do like books in a series because they never seem to end.    It was this or Harry Potter ..... ( yes, opposite ends of the G-XR spectrum)   
So I started the first book and it's a challenge to keep track of the characters but by the time you finish the 818 pages , you get a pretty good idea of who's who.    Then, it was on to the 2nd book. 
  

I did some searching for pictures of the main characters in the HBO series so I could put a face to a name.   I'm sure they are much prettier on the screen than in the book.    So that piqued my interest and last night we watched Season I, episode I.    As I expected, a lot of heads roll and the perfect bodies are all glistening and naked.  ( Except for the ones who are gross and filthy and vile.)  The book is vivid in it's gory descriptions and dialogue.    Graphic is a mild word.   I suspect that the film goes about as far as it can.    I had to do some explaining to P on the character connections and I'm sure I would have been befuddled if I hadn't read the book or at least a synopsis.      The plot lines are incredibly complex and all the genealogy of the Kings and castles is vast.   I can't imagine how an author can develop all of this.   But that's why I write a diary instead of a science fiction fantasy bloody novel.       But it is compelling and I will spend more of my days absorbed in it.

Stay tuned for camera update.......

2 comments:

  1. Read back to catch up with your news. Hope you enjoy Crested Butte. Girlfriends and I have gone during peak wildflower season the past 2 years, renting houses for a week. This year, because of the dryness, they weren't quite as spectacular but were still gorgeous. Enjoy that new camera! Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of GOT and can't wait for the season to begin. Yes, it is gory and quite explicit with the sex scenes. Sometimes I wonder why I watch these violent series but I do get hooked.

    ReplyDelete