Saturday, December 11, 2021

Arizona return....


We've been here about 10 days.    We're back in Wickenburg Ranch and it feels familiar and welcoming.   We really lucked out with our rental.    We started inquiries last June on Nextdoor Neighbor and considered 2 options.    We chose this one as it was bigger altho the other had better views.    As you can see, it has a pool and hot tub.    It also has a large outdoor kitchen, a lounge with fireplace and large TV and on the other end of the pool is a large firepit.   The owners started construction of the back patio in June and it has been a slow frustrating process for them with  delays and backorders and repairs even before it was finished.    But it is not our headache, thankfully, and we will enjoy it.    

 

But my favorite thing of all are the walking trails.    As you can see on the bottom left of the picture, the trail meanders about and offers a vigorous workout with the hills.....and the views are a plus.     I start out with a long climb up a hill and I feel so smug when I get to the top without stopping.    The altitude here is about 2500 so I don't have that  to contend with that like at home.   The other day, I began to cross the main road when a Jeep came flying around a rotary and I managed to scurry back to the side of the road.   I motioned him to slow down ....... and then, the car stopped and the driver APOLOGIZED to me.    He admitted to speeding and said he had a lot on his mind and was distracted.    I was shaken by the close call and still amazed by his response.      

My next favorite thing is this Par 3, 9 hole golf course.    There are speakers on every tee box blasting out great music.    Everywhere else I've played, there is quiet while your partners tee off.     Paul is teeing off on the 5th  to a green straight below that drop off in the foreground.   It's only 88 yards to the green but it is way down there.   The top of the white flag is barely visible in this pic.    I birdied it today..... and then we tackled  the next 4 holes and managed to lose 4 balls in the water.    But that's golf.   



 Weather has cooled off and fleece feels good.    But we don't miss the snow coming down at home.   

2 comments:

  1. I had to call Bob to look at your outdoor area at the rental. It looks like a perfect place to relax. Yes, renting is better than owning when you want a vacation getaway. We've gone through the owning faze of our lives and don't see ourselves buying another house anytime soon. If we have to leave our permanent residence for any reason, we may rent rather than buy. I like the looks of your hiking trail too. When you said the speeding guy stopped I thought uh-oh.... Glad it was just to apologize! We have so little snow on the ground for the end of December - and yesterday gale force winds which I was afraid would blow trees down on our property. Today, sunny and beautiful but the street is too icy to walk. Enjoy the desert. I think you leave soon to visit family. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your 'adventures'!!! The rental looks wonderful and to be able to hike it's great!!!! We're in snow right now...but it is Michigan and it is winter! HA

    ReplyDelete