Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Where did October go ?



Welcome to our newest great granddaughter, baby Rachel.   Grandparents Jeff and Jen and parents Rachel and Travis in Mexico.    Can't wait to meet her.  


And so, we've been enjoying the beautiful fall weather.  I walk most days, same route but the view always changes..... not a good picture but you get the idea of the mountains that are always at the forefront.    My mother walked every morning well into her 80's.   It's a wonderful time of day; early morning sun, greeting the neighbors and their dogs, noting the changing landscapes and the new houses on every street.   I also listen to audio books on my 3.5 mi walk (sometimes I stretch it to 4 )...currently my newest favorite is "Cloud Cuckoo Land" by the author of "All the Light We Cannot See"....... totally different and intriguing.



 
I do obey the speed limit !     

 We did get our boosters...    Felt kind of crummy but glad we have it before we head south next month.  Colorado, and especially the Western Slope, is having a resurgence of the virus .... our small hospital has more covid patients now that at any time and they've had to bring in traveling nurses.   This area is only 40% vaccinated and there is no mask mandate in schools or any public area.    We wear our masks indoors but see very few who do the same.    I do not understand.   



     

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you with great grandchildren. She is adorable. I LOVED Cloud Cuckoo Land. I could read it again. A cautionary tale for sure with a twist at the end. Liked that poem, too and I am going to pass it on to a friend who is a real worrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to be that worrier (but sometimes I fail). What a cute baby. Hope you can hold her soon. I'm walking too, mostly in the forest where there is snow but very little. It's difficult to walk because of the snow and uneven ground - I'll be glad when I can use my touring skis. I looked Cloud Cuckoo up last week on Kindle and wasn't sure, but I'm going to get the sample on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete