Sunday, December 27, 2020

Onward

It was a quiet day.    Like so many, we spent the 25th hunkered down in our own togetherness.   We had FaceTime with family and that helped a lot but as we all know, it wasn't the same.   


I have not much to opine on so here's just a view from our world. 


    

This huge herd of elk ( I only captured a small portion ) spend their days at lower altitude and congregate near the RV campground where we keep the motorhome.     They are massive, even from a distance.    We do have a resident herd of deer that wander through our community.    We have outdoor sensors and  about 3 am , the outside lights went on and I opened my eyes to stare at a deer right outside our large bedroom window.     And then a couple more wandered by.   It seemed a bit unnerving being separated by just a couple feet and a window.    They looked very healthy and well fed. 

  
Maybe some winter season I will use this as a holiday tree.    Made from pom poms ( I even have a pom pom maker ! )   this graces the window at Purl Soho, a place on my wishlist of NYC sights.   



And speaking of knitting.     These found their way to CT.   I have no expectations that they will become a part of their wardrobe, but I loved the yarn and the colors so someone had to be the recipient of my 

hibernation project.  


In between, I drink tea.   I like chai tea and ginger peach with turmeric and occasionally , a cinnamon tea.   I usually grab a tall tumbler-type cup but lately, I've been reaching for the  very pretty tea cups that I've saved for special people and times........ the time is now and I am special.              This one is a very functional cup from Ikea.... 

Also, I managed to make 2 of these soft, cozy throws. ( an in-process picture)   Made from very very large yarns, they are knit using fingers instead of needles.      Thx to Jenna for suggesting I needed one more project.   These are very popular and I suspect they were under a lot of Christmas trees since the yarn is totally sold out. 

  


Wishing us all a new beginning and a happier New Year.      
 

2 comments:

  1. Here’s to fresh new beginnings! You both look great! Stay healthy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you STILL in CO? One of our sons lives in Evergreen right next to the elk preserve. They have elk in the yard all the time. Yesterday, we came upon a herd of moose while we were skiing in the forest. We were far enough away that we could pass them - they looked at us but didn't seem fazed. Your projects put me to shame. Stay well! You both look great in the photo. I really believe this: "the time is now and I am special"

    ReplyDelete