Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Making the best of hibernation....

Finally, we can watch this brilliant production.      We signed up for Disney Plus and have been absorbed in "Hamilton".     Just an unequaled  event.    There's so much depth to this and I understand more with each viewing.    I knew the words/music quite well but then realized I had the wrong people singing them and now it makes more sense.    And isn't King George just the best !


And now I want a bigger TV !


 I've always wanted those flag banners but never think about it until right before the holiday.   This year I was prepared.     We also lined the golf course border and the front of the house with small flags.    Very festive.   No fireworks this year.  



And then we headed over to Salida to meet up with Mike and Jenna for a picnic.   It was a 2.5 hr drive for both of us but it seems as if all of the Denver Front range decided to head west so it took them forever in slow traffic .      We sat in the park along the Arkansas River.    This area of the river is designed as a safe place for kayaking and paddle and body boards.   It's only about 2 ft deep with large rocks for sitting and watching the fun.      Farther along, the river gets very serious and is known for it's white water rafting.     I was pleased to see so many families wearing masks.     It was a great getaway and a chance to catch up.  

I find the news to be so appalling and frustrating and somedays wonder if I'll ever see a return to what we used to think was normal.       We are still hunkered down.   I miss Target and know I could mask up and wander about ....but like so many other things....is it worth it?
But the wonderful Colorado air feels perfect and we golf ... a lot..... and never tire of the mountain views out back.  


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to see the Hamilton!!! We have Roku and Disney is on it but I haven't checked to see about upgrading to Disney plus. We have a 65" upstairs and one in the lower level family. Room...hubby wants a bigger one but seriously...how big can you really go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend lives in Nathrop near Salida and is appalled by the number of tourists visiting. Ditto for Breck! I thought it might be quieter this summer, but people are on the move. Like you, we are still isolating. Once every week or 10 days we go for groceries. We're still doing pickup at Dillon City Market, and I've gotten so used to it, I might never enter the building again. Afterward, we do go to Whole Foods were I pick out my own fruit and produce. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete