Monday, December 2, 2019

December already ?

It's been cold and rainy and windy down here in the desert.   I'm ready for the sun.   

We spent Thanksgiving with as many family friends as we could find.    We gathered at Jeff and Jennifer's golf club for way too much food.   Her dad from Washington joined us as well as Alex, grandchild #4, who is exploring a golf career nearby.    And no, we didn't all shrink....Alex is well over 6'4" and towers over us all.    He is just the finest young man...very proud of him.    



We're slowly finding our way around the area.     Our golf community is in a beautiful desert setting with paved trails and these more dog friendly gravel trails.   There is a beautiful dog park, named Charlie's Park after Merv Griffin's dog.    He had a large ranch in this area.     We see mostly larger dogs living here vs the tiny white things in Florida.   And no one walks them in a stroller.    Yesterday, I had a friendly conversation with a dogue du bordeaux, named Bruno.   He was apply named and was huge.   You might remember this breed in "Turner and Hooch".   Anyhow, somedays I want a dog.... but not a 'Bruno'.



I'm playing in the Ladie's 9 hole group.    No more 'aces' but I'll keep hoping.   And it's nice to have fun and not be out there for over 4 hours.     I also need to ride my bike more but I'm a fair weather rider...... maybe today if the sun keeps shining.   

1 comment:

  1. Bruno needs a plant based diet! I love the look of the desert. It's green from your rain I suspect. Happy Holidays to you and your Family. Get those pedals spinning...

    ReplyDelete