Monday, May 6, 2019

Life is good but not necessarily blog worthy.........

We've been busy ......     Drove 6 hours to Salt Lake City on the 22nd so one of us could have our eyes fixed by the expert.        He has a condition called pseudo exfoliation and this apparently makes for tricky and complex cataract extraction.    The Eye Institute in SLC was impressive and he was able to have the one eye done on Wed and the other on Thursday and then we ( I ) drove the 6 hours back home.      The recovery has been uneventful and he says he can see our beautiful mountains clearly once again.     


Otherwise, spring is in full bloom around here.    All the trees are blooming and fragrant.   Lilacs are prolific everywhere.    The distinctive Columbines are beginning their show.    Peonies are budding and some tulips remain altho the daffodils are long gone.      And the hummingbirds came back earlier than usual.    We have the black chinned variety and they are feisty and territorial.

The garden center finally received their 500 rose bushes and we picked out 4 lovelies to fill the holes that Jon created for them.     This gorgeous one is called "About Face".    We also picked out a theatrical bunch, "Ingrid Bergman (deep velvety red), "Doris Day" ( large sunny yellow )  and a red and white variegated "George Burns".     Roses do very well in this climate without aphids and many diseases.    I had Japanese beetles when I planted them in Connecticut.

Golf league has started  and the course is in great shape with the help of all the winter snow.    I'm playing at least 3 times a week and could play more but it does use up much of the day.    Today, I managed to finally break 100.......  !!      When we moved here, I had a very high handicap.....it continues to trend downward and I'm mostly pleased with my game.    I'm a good putter, which saves me many strokes since I really don't hit it very far off the tee.    But even that is improving and today I shared my friend's new driver  and finally hit my drives equal to hers.    It's tempting but I'll probably stick with my current one.     I did spend $7.50 for new spikes for my golf shoes and I walk with a new spring in my step....  It's the little things......




1 comment:

  1. So glad our paths have crossed in blogland. Best of luck to your grandson and his wife. As our son often says, "This courageous mother gave us not just a baby, but made us a family."

    Love the flowers and their names.

    ReplyDelete