Sunday, April 20, 2008

Party time

When our 16 year old granddaughter (almost 17) tells me that my blog hasn't been updated in awhile, I guess its time to jot a note. Thanks Becca

To begin with, I had a birthday. A major milestone with a card arriving from the government. I have certainly whined and complained enough about this but in reality, I feel very fortunate to able to say that I am 65, in good health and enjoying life immensely and actively with someone very special at my side.

A BIG THANK YOU to our generous kids and their wonderful families for the super gift. It is a raspberry Sony camera and has amazing features and a big screen for viewing. It does so many things but I have no idea what they are.....yet. My first picture happened to be of a subject close at hand.......or foot. And my new toe ring. Who says I'm old.......And guess who came to help me celebrate my birthday.? What a nice present. My mother , still cute and dynamic at a young 87. And my two younger sisters, Sandy and Maureen (who wouldn't be happy if I called her Mugs on the world famous blog). Today we opted for an overview of The Villages via the Trolley tour. It is a relaxing and informational way to explain this place to a visitor. Of course, the real purpose is to convince you that you want to move here and invest in "the lifestyle".



Mother and Sandy waiting for the trolley. The weather was perfect...absolutely perfect. Clear skies, in the 80's with a slight breeze and NO humidity. Some of us did some shopping while others made mental notes on where we might have to return. With the part-timers heading north, the community is decidely quieter and the stores are having some good sales. We ended the day with kabobs on the grill and then a trip down to the square to listen to the band and watch the dancers.

It's been a great birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment